Gaia is the Check Point next generation operating system for security applications. In Greek mythology, Gaia is the mother of all, representing closely integrated parts to form a single, efficient system. The Gaia Operating System supports the full portfolio of Check Point Software Blades, Gateway and Security Management products.
Gaia is a single, unified network security Operating System that combines the best of Check Point's SecurePlatform operating system, and IPSO, the operating system from appliance security products. Gaia is available for all Check Point security appliances and open servers.
Designed from the ground up for modern high-end deployments, Gaia includes support for:
- IPv4 and IPv6 - fully integrated into the Operating System.
- High Connection and Virtual Systems Capacity - 64bit support.
- Load Sharing - ClusterXL and Interface bonding.
- High Availability - ClusterXL, VRRP, Interface bonding.
- Dynamic and Multicast Routing - BGP, OSPF, RIP, and PIM-SM, PIM-DM, IGMP.
- Easy to use Command Line Interface - Commands are structured using the same syntactic rules. An enhanced help system and auto-completion further simplifies user operation.
- Role Based Administration - Enables Gaia administrators to create different roles. Administrators can allow users to access features by adding those functions to the user's role definition. Each role can include a combination of administrative (read/write) access to some features, monitoring (read-only) access to other features, and no access to other features.
- Simple and Easy upgrade - from IPSO and SecurePlatform.
Gaia Software Updates
- Get updates for licensed Check Point products directly through the operating system.
- Download and install the updates more quickly. Download automatically, manually, or periodically. Install manually or periodically.
- Get email notifications for newly available updates and for downloads and installations.
- Easy rollback from new update.