The latest ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security release is 13.3.052.000.
- 13.0 Branch
13.3.052.000 was released to the public on Jul 29, 2014. See changes.
13.2.015.000 was released to the public on May 30, 2014. See changes.
13.1.211.000 was released to the public on Apr 29, 2014. See changes.
13.0.208.000 was released to the public on Mar 24, 2014. See changes.
- 12.0 Branch
12.0.104.000 was released to the public on Oct 29, 2013. See changes.
- 11.0 Branch
11.0.780.000 was released to the public on Aug 21, 2013. See changes.
11.0.768.000 was released to the public on Jun 26, 2013. See changes.
11.0.000.504 was released to the public on Apr 6, 2013. See changes.
11.0.000.054 was released to the public on Jan 25, 2013. See changes.
11.0.000.038 was released to the public on Jan 3, 2013. See changes.
11.0.000.020 was released to the public on Nov 20, 2012. See changes.
11.0.000.018 was released to the public on Nov 9, 2012. See changes.
- 10.0 Branch
10.2.078.000 was released to the public on Aug 30, 2012. For changes in this version, click here.
10.2.074.000 was released to the public on Aug 8, 2012. For changes in this version, click here.
10.2.073.000 was released to the public on Aug 1, 2012. For changes in this version, click here.
10.2.072.000 was released to the public on Jul 24, 2012. For changes in this version, click here.
10.2.068.000 was released to the public on Jul 18, 2012. For changes in this version, click here.
10.1.079.000 was released to the public on Dec 27, 2011. For changes in this version, click here.
10.1.065.000 was released to the public on Nov 11, 2011. For changes in this version, click here.
10.1.056.000 was released to the public on Nov 1, 2011. For changes in this version, click here.
10.0.250.000 was released to the public on July 27, 2011. For changes in this version, click here.
10.0.243.000 was released to the public on June 30, 2011. For changes in this version, click here.
10.0.241.000 was released to the public on June 20, 2011. For changes in this version, click here.
10.0.240.000 was released to the public on June 7, 2011. For changes in this version, click here.
- 9.0 Branch
9.3.037.000 was released to the public on September 13, 2010. For changes in this version, click here.
9.3.014.000 was released to the public on July 26, 2010. For changes in this version, click here.
9.1.603.000 was released to the public on June 7, 2010. For changes in this version, click here.
9.1.507.000 was released to the public on March 26, 2010. For changes in this version, click here.
9.1.008.000 was released to the public on October 19, 2009. For changes in this version, click here.
9.0.114.000 was released to the public on September 25, 2009. For changes in this version, click here.
9.0.083.000 was released to the public on August 31, 2009. For changes in this version, click here.
- 8.0 Branch Vista and XP
8.0.400.020 was released to the public on June 5, 2009. For changes in this version, click here.
8.0.298.035 was released to the public on April 1, 2009. For changes in this version, click here.
8.0.298.000 is the first version of ZoneAlarm Extreme Security, released to the public on February 23, 2009. To learn about this version, click here.
ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security version 13.3.052.000
- New: Antivirus Engine
- New: Anti-Spam with Windows 8.x and Outlook 2013 support
- Updated: Firewall Driver (security and other fixes)
- Improved: Localization fixes
- Improved: Stability and performance enhancements
ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security version 13.2.015.000
- Improved: Anti-Virus improvements
- Improved: Minor performance and stability fixes
ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security version 13.1.211.000
- Updated: Antivirus Engine improved compatibility with Windows 8.1 Update 1
- Improved: ZoneAlarm client protection from Heartbleed vulnerability
- Improved: Stability and performance enhancements
ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security version 13.0.208.000
- New: Advanced Real-Time Antivirus (Real-Time Cloud Protection)
- New: Threat Emulation
- New: Find My Laptop
- New: Anti-Keylogger
- Updated: Antivirus engine
- Updated: UI minor adjustments
- Improved: Enhanced Browser Protection (Web Monitor)
- Improved: PC Tune-Up
ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security version 12.0.104.000
- New: Windows 8.1 support.
- Updated: Antivirus engine.
- Improved: AV detection.
ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security version 11.0.780.000
- Improved: Antivirus detection.
ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security version 11.0.768.000
- New: Updated AV Engine.
- New: Web scanner - blocks web threats before they reach your browser or hard drive.
- New: Forcefield removed, replaced with new and improved Site Check technology and security toolbar.
- New: Latest version of Firefox is supported.
- Improved: Stability and performance enhancements.
ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security version 11.0.000.504
- Added: Windows 8 - ELAM protection (Early Launch Anti-Malware)
- Updated: Antivirus Engine
- Improved: Rootkit detection
ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security version 11.0.000.054
- Fixed: Compatibility issue with XP SP2
- Fixed: Parental controls installation exception error.
ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security version 11.0.000.038
- New: Do Not Track
- New: Facebook Privacy Scan
- Added: Firefox 17.0.1 support
- Improved: AV Behavioral Scanning Engine
ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security version 11.0.000.020
- Improved: AV engine
- Fixed issue: Installer screens not displayed properly on some systems
ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security version 11.0.000.018
- Added: Windows 8 compatibility
- Added: Firefox 16 support
- Fixed: Java 7 compatibility
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 10.2.078.000
- Added: Firefox 15 support
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 10.2.074.000
- Added: Italian language localization
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 10.2.073.000
- Optimized: Installer, component installation order
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 10.2.072.000
- Added: Firefox 14 support
- Fixed issue: Chrome configuration fix
- Fixed issue: ZA Free, messaging usability improvements
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 10.2.068.000
- Added: Firefox 14 support
- Added: Stop all internet activity option
- Added: Snooze AV or Firewall for 5 mins option
- Improved: Security toolbar
- Improved: AV engine
- Improved: Installer
- Fixed issue: Riskware options usability
- Fixed issue: Various other improvements and fixes
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 10.1.079.000
- Added: Remember this setting back into the Alerts
- Added: List view sorting for Programs list
- Added: Program Trust level can be set from the Program list view again
- Fixed issue: Antivirus Logging enabled in some cases after installation
- Fixed issue: Display issue with treatment of riskware in archives
- Fixed issue: In some cases an Antivirus scan was started after every reboot
- Fixed issue: Display problem with some Application firewall rules
- Fixed issue: Program list view icons are not always displaying correctly in localized versions
- Fixed issue: Default program control setting should be Auto mode
- Fixed issue: Program list "kill" mode icon not displayed correctly
- Fixed issue: No warning is displayed when a program is set to "kill"
- Fixed issue: AntiSpam version not displayed in Vista/Win7
- Fixed issue: Various other improvements and fixes
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 10.1.065.000
- Added: Support for Firefox 8 (web security toolbar)(prior versions of Firefox will not be supported)
- Fixed issue: Use the correct date for firewall logs
- Fixed issue: User can't select install path on 64-bit machine
- Fixed issue: Long path installation not working
- Fixed issue: Problem with Program Alerts displaying correctly
- Fixed issue: Various other improvements
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 10.1.056.000
- Browser security toolbar now supports Firefox 7 (prior versions of Firefox are not supported)
- Fixed issue: antivirus updates sometimes failed
- New universal installer for all supported languages
- New and improved notifications for antivirus Advanced Disinfections
- New "Synchronize License" link is now in the Tools menu
- Fixed issues that occurred in some instances:
- Fixed issue: Application Control Expert Rules not working properly
- Fixed issue: Not all Alert & Log settings persist after restart
- Fixed issue: Advanced disinfection dialog error
- Fixed issue: Expert Rule not blocking SSL properly
- Fixed issue: Backup and Restore stop working after restarting
- Fixed issue: Proxy settings are not correctly saved when updating from 9.x to 10.x
- Fixed issue- License key is not always refreshed in UI
- Fixed issue: Public / Trusted zone settings not displaying correctly
- Fixed issue: Installer failed with error 127
- Fixed issue: On startup, check for orphaned av.tmp files and then delete them
- Fixed various other stability and usability fixes
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 10.0.250.000
- Added support for Firefox 5 and Internet Explorer 9 for ZoneAlarm Security toolbar
- Fixed conflict with HP Support Assistant
- Fixed problem where a daily scan would sometimes occur when not scheduled
- Fixed DataLock 64-bit uninstall issue
- Fixed problem where DataLock could not be uninstalled after full encryption
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 10.0.243.000
- Improved client installation
- Improved parental control installation in ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
- Add SKU name in client about box
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 10.0.241.000
- This update improves compatibility with non-English operating systems and stand-alone versions of Hard Drive Encryption.
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 10.0.240.000
- New user-friendly design: Easy for all levels of users, confirms protection at a glance. Runs automatically, is easy to customize and provides instant access to support and 24/7 live chat.
- Quick install: Makes securing your computer faster and easier than ever.
- Enhanced Cloud Security: 3rd generation cloud technologies detect 50,000 - 75,000 new applications every day and verify threats detected by behavioral scans.
- New Antivirus engine: Including behavioral detection and advanced virus removal, plus virus pre-scan during installation.
- New complete suite of parental controls: Limits time spent online and helps you block pornography, hate sites, questionable chat rooms, online gambling, profanity and more.
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 9.3.037.000
- This update includes security and stability improvements, and fixes a rare file download issue.
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 9.3.014.000
- Performance and stability improvements:
- Includes Microsoft patch for Windows 7 and Vista systems:
- Resolves issues with running two security products at once
- Resolves Internet connectivity and stability issues, especially with Windows 7 64-bit systems
- IPv6 support now on by default for supported operating systems
- Fixed: Issue causing slow startup of Internet Explorer
- Fixed: Excessive hard drive activity issue
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 9.1.603.000
- OS support:
- Windows 7 SP1 BETA now supported
- Performance and stability improvements:
- Fixed: Issues that sometimes inhibited PC performance
- Fixed: Hibernation issues
- Fixed: Delays on initial loading of certain programs, including Internet Explorer 8
- Fixed: Crypt32 errors appearing in event log
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 9.1.507.000
- Improved client analysis of threat events to feed into and improve Program Advisor for faster, more thorough responses to threat outbreaks and increased usability
- Clicking the "Check for Updates" button now includes a check for Browser Security updates
- Anti-virus scan speed improved, along with other minor anti-virus improvements
- Usability improvements to Anti-virus and Browser Security settings
- Browser Security Advanced Download Detection now shows green alert when a download is safe and red when a download is dangerous
- Other improvements:
- Improved anti-virus signature update reliability
- Various stability and performance improvements, including fixed issues shown below
- Fixed issues:
- Fixed: Contextual (right-click) scan doesn't work for shared network drives on 64-bit platforms
- Fixed: Service Control doesn't detect kernel4b.exe test from Matousec.com
- Fixed: Preboot screen still appears after system decryption
- Fixed: Scanning Status window sometimes freezes after resuming from sleep mode
- Fixed: Browser security does not detect Winamp Lite as good file
- Fixed: Heuristic anti-phishing doesn't work with French localization
- Fixed: Unable to use SnagIt program after disabling anti-keylogger
- Fixed: Anti-keylogger not working in IE8 when minimizing one window from two on Vista x64
- Fixed: Firefox "Add-ons" window always appears after "Clear Virtual Data" in Browser Security settings
- Fixed: Scanning Status window freezes while scanning network files (right-click scan)
- Fixed: Dynamic Trial Screen statistics display not working correctly
- Fixed: Installation on Vista Home Basic is not blocked (should be blocked because not supported)
- Fixed: IE8 Web-page Save dialog contains no file name in File name field
- Fixed: Anti-virus scan doesn't start during drive encryption
- Fixed: Wrong text in Recovery Wizard window when uploading failed
- Fixed: Blue screen occurred while browsing in Mozilla Firefox 3.5.3 on XP. Bookmarks and history cleared.
- Fixed: IE7 and Firefox won't launch after enabling Virtualization and setting Program Control to Max.
- Fixed: Installation hung on "Configuring ZoneAlarm Extreme Security" window on Win7.7600 x64
- Fixed: Anti-keylogger blocks all entered data after file download in IE6
- Fixed: It is not possible to type something in IE6 with disabled browser security on Win XP SP3
- Fixed: Browser security blocks "Snipping Tool" on Win 7
- Fixed: Blue screen sometimes happened before or after computer going to sleep mode
- Fixed: Windows shows alert during ZoneAlarm installation
- Fixed: Rare vsmon crash during ZoneAlarm upgrade
- Fixed: Slow ZoneAlarm update on Win 7 32bit
- Fixed: On Win 7, folder created called "ZoneAlarm" containing shortcut to Diagnostics Tool
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 9.1.008.000
- Windows 7 operating system compatibility
- Component Object Model (COM) monitoring (to stop advanced attacks that use the COM Windows component)
- Improved antivirus/anti-spyware with enhanced rootkit detection
- Improved status reporting during anti-virus updates
- Improved performance in Browser Security module
- Addressed a rare issue where keystroke encryption caused erroneous typing output
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 9.0.114.000
- Browser security fixes:
- Fixed: Unable to install Adobe Flash Player add-on under Mozilla Firefox 3.5.3 in Internet mode
- Fixed: Unable to install No Script add-on for Firefox when virtualization is enabled
- Fixed: Communication with Smart Defense Advisor
- Fixed: Not possible to type in Internet Explorer (IE) 7 in Private browsing mode
- Fixed: System stops responding after opening PDF file in IE 7 and 8 on XP when virtualization is on
- Compatibility and Stability improvements:
- Fixed: Blue screen crash after starting IE 7 (if ForceField is set to manual startup)
- Fixed: Performance problems when using iTunes
- Fixed: Screen freezes during ZoneAlarm installation or configuration in some cases
- Other fixes:
- Fixed: AV DAT version is correctly refreshed after an AV update
- Fixed: Adding a firewall rule to block a specific hostname blocked all traffic
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 9.0.083.000
- Hard Drive Encryption for Laptops (optional add-on):
- In order to stop laptop thieves from stealing your data and identity, encrypts all your data so only you can see it.
- Free 24/7 password recovery, plus disk self-recovery program
- More Browser Security features added:
- Advanced Download Protection:
- Detects the latest zero-day threats in downloads that you initiate-before they reach your computer
- Includes heuristic analysis and program check
- Can run and analyze download behavior in a virtual environment if necessary
- Additional layer of keylogger protection--encryption ensures only the intended application can read your keystrokes
- New unified anti-virus and anti-spyware engine:
- Scans 80%-90% faster and combines anti-virus and anti-spyware into one scan
- More advanced scan options- riskware, ADS, heuristic scanning, and more exception options
- Additional on-access scan controls
- On-access scanning now detects spyware
- Program control features to stop advanced security bypass attacks:
- Timing attack protection
- Service control manager protection (not supported on 64-bit and Windows 7)
- Other enhancements:
- Many performance improvements
- Reduced number of unnecessary alerts
- Windows 7 ready (Free compatibility update to run on Windows 7 when it is released)
Note: We have removed inbound MailSafe attachment inspection with this release, as this type of protection is now in all major email applications. (Spam filtering and outbound MailSafe are still included.)
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 8.0.400.020
- Firewall Enhancements for the High level setting:
- Service Control Manager (SCM) monitoring to catch drivers being launched
- Raw disk access detection added to catch malware that tries to open the kernel memory directly
- Cleaner uninstall
- Automated Windows XP Service Pack 2 upgrade option
- Faster upgrade installations
- Vista Service Pack 2 support
- Fixed Issues:
- Fixed issue where Antivirus could not be enabled.
- Incompatibility issues with Remote Desktop connections have been resolved.
- Incompatibility issues with Cisco VPN have been resolved.
- Other Enhancements:
- Email security now supports 64bit Vista, IMAP accounts and the Windows Mail client
- Stability and performance improvements
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 8.0.298.035
- The update provides additional protection against the Conficker virus, which could cause damage starting April 1, 2009.
ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version 8.0.298.000
ZoneAlarm introduces its premium security offering with all of the features of ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite plus integrated browser protection, secure online backup and system maintenance. Features include all features of ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite plus:
- Browser security built in – integrated ZoneAlarm ForceField protects your identity and your computer as you surf the Internet.
- Virtualized browsing automatically places automatic, uninvited (drive-by) downloads from the Internet safely into a virtual file system where they’re destroyed – never touching your actual computer hard drive
- Signature and heuristic anti-phishing
- Browser file encryption to prevent information harvesting and spear phishing
- Web site safety check to valdate the Web pages you visit
- Keylogger/screengrabber jamming prevents hidden software from monitoring your keystrokes and taking pictures of your computer screen
- Private browsing – with the click of a button, surf the Internet without leaving any tracks behind on your PC.
- Dangerous download detection scans all programs you download against a list of 1 million plus program signatures
- Secure online backup for important music, pictures and other files with optional private key encryption for “hack-proof” storage.
- PC Tune-up to keep your computer organized and running as efficiently as possible